My Experience as a Sensitive Child

Most of the time I find it hard to believe that I was in the category of spiritually gifted and/or sensitive children. I understand that I had a difficult experience as a child despite the lack of tragic circumstances. I understand that I had challenges accepting the emotions of others, especially when it was anger that was directed at me. I accepted these challenges as just a part of my everyday life, and it wasn't unusual for me to be experiencing someone who was angry in my family. What I didn't understand was that it was not normal for me to experience the anger to such a degree that it eventually made me sick physically. I didn't understand that I was to channel the emotions of others until I felt relief from what they were experiencing; I took it on myself. I allowed myself to house what they were feeling and I took responsibility for causing their reactions towards me. I blamed myself for all of their experiences of anger, and I doubted that I was worthy of anyone's affections. If all I could sense was their anger of me, it became very difficult to understand that this was not their emotion that was because of me, but it was because of something that was within their lack of understanding of what it was to be near a child who was sensitive to spirit and its anomalies. I am channeling this information as I write this, and I am surprised by what I am writing. Tears are forming in my eyes as I feel the stress relief starting to appear, as I can begin to get a glimpse of understanding of what I have been experiencing all of these years.

On the page that was created for spiritually gifted or sensitive children and their parents in my website, I included a couple pictures of myself when I was a small child with my new puppy. That puppy grew up with me and kept me safe in many stressful situations within my family home. It was often a painful and stressful situation for me, and I didn't realize the impact of those situations until much later in life. This puppy was my saint in furry realization. He came to protect me and to keep me safe when no one else was understanding me. I tended to be a hyper-active child on occasion, and he was there to keep up with me when everyone else was seeing me as an annoyance. He was there in an instant whenever I shed a tear, and he reassuringly put his paw on my shoulder and rested his head on my chest. He was a gift, and I will never forget it.

To be such a sensitive child is a huge responsibility. To have such an outpouring of affection from even a dog, gave me the outlet to let some of the responsibility lift. When a child doesn't have an emotional language to express what is happening within their sensitivity, even an inanimate object such as a teddy bear can bring this same sense of relief. What I was given was a gift from spirit to help me share in the responsibility of what all others were sharing with me, without their even knowing it. When your child is sensitive, you need to provide them with an outlet to share the responsibility of the burden they feel of the emotions of all of those around them. My puppy was with me until I was 19, but by then I had started to feel sick.

My physical situation manifested in nervous anxiety bolstered by the hormones of puberty and adulthood. It was not an easy transformation for me to make into being a woman because my body was burdened by the stress of not only my own imagination, but essentially of the entire planet. To be a sensitive really can cause this much stress and negative effect on the body if one is not able to better manage it. I spent many years with doctors and naturopathic physicians, and healers and holistic therapists, but the one therapy that has truly assisted in a more permanent direction, is the meditation I was given to gift to others who are sensitive. I share the responsibility for passing on this message to others who are sensitive or to parents whose children possess this sensitivity, because I want others to have a better experience of their sensitivity than I was given to experience. Part of the gift of my sensitivity was to allow the stress to come to the surface so I can start to identify it for what it is. Some refer to it as existential angst - I suggest that it is caused by the confusion of the human reality. And yet, through the process of meditation, I have discovered that there is an ever-present tranquility that is beneath this confusion, or surrounds it, depending on your perspective of this reality.

I want others to thank the stress of their sensitivity for guiding their quest in the direction of seeing past the stress into their ever-present reality of peaceful tranquility. But again, it is a process. It is a stress to be so sensitive, and so whilst in the stress one must find the strength to quest for their truest sensitivity of peace. Sigh... then what do you do when it becomes a stressor to search for your sense of peace? You just go with it. Begin to accept that everything is of a peaceful reality, no matter what it seems in the realm of being human. Begin to accept that not everything is as it seems and that within each stress is a gift. Begin to see that you are sensitive for a reason and that this is a gift and not a detriment to you or to society. You have been given the gift to see beyond the stress, and that is why you are able to perceive all of reality, including the stress. Once you get past the realization that this human world or reality is all a perception of stress, then you can get to where we are all a reflection of the ever-present peace of all that is. It is a constant step to understand that your stressors are present in order to offer you a reality check, and that if you don't get too invested in their manifestation, you can actually start to perceive them as a gift.

If you have a child who is presently overwhelmed with their sensitivity, it becomes an opportunity to discuss with your child why this is a gift. But, put it in a child's terms of helping them to perceive the goodness in all of reality, once they get past the stress or the static of where the human is lost in confusion. Help them to see that if they are extremely sensitive to the stress, then so are they to the happy side of this life. Help them to see this as a gift, and you will automatically shift their reality and help their position of being such a sensitive in a world and reality that is dense and full of stress. Help them to assess that they can see all the angels that present the other side of stress, and help them to focus on this when they feel the stress of what is present around them. Help them to decide that this is a gift, and you will go a long way to helping them out of their present stressful reality.

To be a sensitive is a gift. I was not so lucky as a child to have a parent who could help me to get around my childhood sensitivity, but Spirit provided me with a gift of this great puppy who was around when I needed him the most. As an adult I have found this to be a gift because I can use my extreme sensitivity to make sense of almost anything I perceive around me. I can use my gift to help others who believe they are burdened with this gift. But I will say it is not as simple as this for me right now in my reality. I use sugar to sweeten this, and this has caused a further detriment to my hormones. I can't stress it enough that this is a process and with full humility I will keep on with this process until I fully perceive it as a gift with its own sweetness that I do not need to search for in the human reality.

Sugar came at a price; meditation is priceless. Does it get any sweeter than this?

Comments

Popular Posts